Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Joy of Hand-Me-Downs

Hand me downs get a bad rap, I think. Although, being an only child, I
never really experienced them as a kid. Today I got out the 4T bin of
Gs 'old' clothes to try on Carter. He was in HEAVEN! He loves
everything, and is trying on every last thing, especially the pjs. He
keeps saying, "Is this all mine?!?!". I explain that it used to be G's
stuff, and now is his. He is out of his mind excited- it actually may
be a little weird for a 3 year old to be this excited about clothes!

6 comments:

Allison said...

My sister and I got hand-me-downs from our older cousins. And OMG, those were the coolest clothes ever. Because obviously, our cousins were the ultimate in cool. My kids love hand-me-downs too. We passed James's too small jammies down to her just this week. (Every single pair shows her belly since the are practically the SAME size, but she loves, loves, loves them!)

Allison said...

And by "her", I mean Abby, of course. I changed my comment mid-stream. Why, oh why, doesn't blogger commenting have an edit function???

Anonymous said...

My only child son still gets hand-me-downs from 2 of his TALL friends...I love it! Then I pass things onto another friend around the corner. It's a sweet lil' hand-me-down food chain!

Mom said...

SO CUTE! Now he will be changing outfits even more often each day!

Julia said...

Gosh, it's been awhile since I checked your blog. You have 16 new posts!

I too, am a huge fan of hand me downs. They're the best!

neeter said...

I hated hand me down when I was a kid. Now it's just "green" He looks SO happy!