Pages

Friday, September 25, 2009

Honestly.

Usually on my blog I tell you about some of the highlights of our life- the fun things, the cute things, and the things that paint me in a fairly good light.  Unless it's funny, and then I make some exceptions, because what do we have if not a little sarcasm and humor, right?

I'm wild about my kids and Joel, but let me tell you.  WE DO HAVE OUR MOMENTS.  SERIOUSLY.

And in the past 2 days, there were definitely some moments.  Ahem.  The theme of the past 2 days?  Pee.  As in, urine.

Thursday morning, I was woken up by my sweet 3 (and a half!) year old who had wet the bed in his sleep.  "I didn't pee, Mom!  I just woke up and was all wet!"  Fair enough.  Sometimes sound asleep three year olds wet the bed, and while washing sheets and remaking the bed is a pain in my big toe, (actually hasn't happened yet!), it's not a big deal and par for the course while parenting preschoolers.

After we'd stripped the bed, washed the boy, and I crawled back in bed for a few minutes of quiet while the kids got dressed and didn't need me yet, Maddy runs up the stairs crying.  "Sammy peed on our homework in the living room!"  Sammy is our cat who we've technically had for over 4 years, but has just made the transition to house cat in the past month.  She's made the transition quite well, and spends the day using the cat door to the garage that Joel installed for her (I just couldn't put the litter box in the house), sleeping in Maddy's room, and begging to be pet.  We have had zero potty issues with her, so I don't know what the H the problem was, but I have pretty much zero tolerance for potty issues with cats!  (I know, not good for a pet owner.)  Thankfully, it wasn't actually homework, but some papers they'd brought home that I'd already read, and was ready to toss.  But still.  Gross.  Joel pointed out that maybe we shouldn't put papers on the floor.  Thanks, Honey!  Helpful!  There was maybe even a tiny bit of pee spray on my CAMERA AND MY CAMERA strap, which is why if you see me at the soccer field in the morning I will be holding my camera and it will not be around my neck because OH MY WORD I don't think I can ever wear it again.  I wiped my camera down with clorox wipes I still had from before my green days, and I do believe I will always have some on hand.

Photobucket
Three strikes, kitty.  That's ONE.

After we cleaned the carpet and recovered from that yuckness, I thought we were set.  Little did I know, the worst was still to come.  (To be continued.)

2 comments:

Mother said...

Oh, my. Hope this isn't contagious!Keep it at your house!!!

neeter said...

Bad kitty!

(Keep an eye on the spot. It's super hard to get cat pee smell out and she might go there again - I hope not though)