Oh Thursday I got up at 5:45 to do yoga- some (stupid) show I'd recorded. 15 minutes or so into it, I heard Carter yell, "Mom! Mooooooooommmmmmmmmmm!" I ran upstairs to see what the deal is.
He says, "Can I wake up yet? Is it morning?"
"No, baby, it's not quite wake up time yet. Do you want to read books for a little bit?"
"Show." (Sure, in Carterspeak.)
So, I tuned on his lamp, got him some of his favorites, and headed back downstairs to do downward dog or whatever the weirdo lady on the show wanted me to try.
10 minutes later:
"MOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!"
I headed back up there. The smell hit my nose, and I knew what happened before he told me. "I peed."
I was surprised because he is totally potty trained and hardly ever has an accident. "Why didn't you get up and go? You are awake!"
He looks at me like I'm an idiot and he says, "Mom. I was in the middle of reading this book!" Like, 'You idiot, why would I stop reading to pee?'
Nice.
I asked his permission to tell this story at the dinner table last night, and of course it got a round of laughs- none louder than his though.
Two Years
13 years ago





1 comment:
Now he needs to learn the great male pastime of reading on the potty ;)
Post a Comment