Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Opening Day

Today was Opening Day of soccer season. (I may be the only person who
calls it that.) We aren't coaching this year, so our morning was
nearly leisurely preparing for our 10:30 game.

Usually Opening Day occurs on a crisp, clear, bight Fall morning. Of
which we've had several this week. Thanks to Murphy's law though, this
morning was gray, dark, and POURING. I didn't bring my camera, so the
only picture I got was this on my phone.

Thankfully by game time, the downpour stopped and it was actually
pretty nice. The boys played hard (and were so cute), and best of all
had great fun!

Our G scored a goal, so he was pretty pumped. I have to say, I'm
pretty thrilled to have soccer season here again, just hoping that we
have some of those bright Autumn days during the next several weeks!

2 comments:

Paige Lomas said...

Yuck! Glad our game is not until this weekend. (i think) they keep changing the schedule. Good luck this season!

Anonymous said...

We call it Opening Day way over here on the East Coast too! AND we have a (lame-o) parade (that we were required to participate in this year).
Glad it went smoothly!