I went in to tuck in G tonight and found him laying quietly in his bed, with his small Tower of Pisa ceramic replica in his hand. He was turning it over, looking at it, and obviously thinking.
"Mama? Do you think I'll ever see the Leaning Tower of Pisa again?"
He asked it with a lot of care, and I knew I had to answer it that way too. "I hope so, I think you will."
He set the small statue on his nightstand and said, "Remember when Maddy, Carter and me played on the grass there? We wrestled? That was so fun."
We then talked about how it was such a bummer we didn't get to go up the tower when we were there. He was asking me what it was like, and I reminded him I'd never been up it either. I said, "How about we make a deal? Let's go back together after you are 18."
He thought for a moment and said, "How about our whole family goes back, but after Carter is 18?"
"It's a deal."
"What if you forget that deal, Mama?"
I have a feeling I won't.
Two Years
13 years ago




3 comments:
What a totally sweet boy you have there. (sigh)
This is one of the sweetest posts...CJ still talks about "when we went to Mexico to see Mimi", he was 4. Melts my heart every time.
So tender. Love that sweet boy...and his mama!
Post a Comment