Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fishing

We were supposed to go camping on the Saturday of Labor Day Weekend.  A few days before, the forecast looked like low 60s and RAIN, so we decided to cancel.

Photobucket

When Saturday rolled around, it did indeed rain a lot.  But by late afternoon it was actually pretty nice out, and Joel texted our friends who were spending the day at the lake (where we'd intended to camp).  They were about to go fishing, and in 10 minutes Joel had our three kids loaded up in the car and all the fishing gear thrown in too, and they were off.  I was feeling super cruddy and decided to stay home.

They had a blast though, and I owe a HUGE 'THANK YOU' to Hannah and Melissa (and their hubbies) for having fun with and helping my crew!  (And taking pictures!)

Photobucket
Madeline ended up catching 4 fish, and Carter caught one too- when no one was looking!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
They were pretty happy to get to see their buddy, Gracie too!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Oh great... you weren't there and have the blog done before me. =) Fantastic!

Stefanie said...

Where does Maddy take dance? I remember a blog post telling that you switched her a year or so ago?

my email is stef.lastname@gmail.com

I lost yours...any chance you have any sz 6-7 leotards just laying there unused or size 12 ballet shoes?? Just thought I would ask:)

Visty said...

So cute!
Where is this lake, if you don't mind telling me? We are in need of a nice quiet place to start canoeing.

Mom said...

What a great adventure! Proud of Joel for loading them up and taking them. He's a great Dad!!!