Carter Mac started preschool this past Monday. He was pretty darn excited about the whole thing. I thought he'd be a little nervous about me leaving him, but in truth he wasn't. At all. Not even a little. I almost had my feelings hurt about the whole thing, but then I went to have coffee with a long lost friend, so I recovered pretty quickly.
This is his impromptu 'preschool dance.' It's pretty much the cutest thing I have ever seen. EVER.
He marched down that hallway with some serious purpose. I could have dropped him off down the street, and he would have been just fine.
He went straight to paint. He asked for a kiss and a squeeze hug. Then he said, "Mama?" I turned, thinking that maybe he didn't want me to leave? "DIVE SEEFE!" (Drive safe!)- his standard farewell. Then he turned to paint some more. I watched him from the door for a minute or two, wondering what he was thinking of. Apparently his mind was too busy thinking of green paint and brush strokes to worry about where his Mama went.
Coming through to door to see me!
He seriously loved it. AND, when I came to pick him up? THRILLED to see me. Best of both worlds here, for real.
It's unreal that he's preschool age. It's unreal that my baby has no problem with me dropping him off, squeezing him tight, and then leaving him for three hours. What will I do with my 'spare' time? Well I will spend it doing my super very part time job (supervising a student teacher), or working in any and all of my kids' 3 classrooms. And hopefully I can sneak in a run now and then too. (And the bon bons, don't forget about that!)













3 comments:
So sweet! How did he get so big and confident?! If you run out of stuff to do, there is always my school, too!!!! Love that little guy!
I am not sure how you did it...left and all. I would be (will be in a few more years) crying my eyes out.
Cute pictures! Your kids are lucky to have such a fun mom!
Post a Comment