I was recently tagged by Hannah . . . (and I just realized I was tagged months ago by Danielle and never did it! Sorry, D!)
Anyway, here goes:
20 Years Ago I was 10. I had just found out (or was about to) that my parents were getting divorced. I was going into the 5th grade. My best friend was Sara.
10 Years Ago I was 20. It was the summer between my sophomore and junior year of college, and I was switching from NNC (now NNU) to GFU. I was working at Piontek's and Video Yogurt and may or may not have been dating 5 different boys. It was a really fun summer. I had no idea that in a month I would meet Joel!
5 Years Ago I was 25. Garrett was a teeny baby, and I was getting ready to share a classroom and childcare with Judy! I was so excited to teach my 2nd year of kindergarten because I hadn't taught the same thing 2 years in a row yet. We still lived in the Buel Street house.
3 Years Ago I was 27. I was about to walk in the graduation ceremony for my Master's Degree at Portland State with Paige! I think that was August 12, and the day before that I found out I was expecting Carter! I was preparing to be a reading specialist. I had no idea that it would be my last year of teaching for a while. Sweet Madeline was about to begin kindergarten.
So Far This Year I have turned 30! I've been to Europe with my family for 5 weeks. I've made a big effort to be more aware of what my family eats, and what kind of a 'footprint' we are making as we raise our kids. I have loved being home with my babies, volunteering in classrooms and snuggling down for naps. After not sleeping since Carter was born, I am finally feeling more human.
Yesterday I picked up my kids after they spent the weekend at their grandparents!
Tomorrow I will go to some nurseries and go shopping!
In The Next Year I will . . .hmm. Who knows! I hope we can do some traveling- to Disneyland, and maybe some cool places in the US of A. I will do some subbing. I will be busy at Maddy and Garrett's school! I will definitely enjoy my time with my sweet babies, my hubby, and my friends!
Now. I tag- Judy, Allison, Paige, Teresa, Stefanie, Molly, and Michelle! (And anyone else who wants to!)
Two Years
13 years ago



3 comments:
I don't usually do those, but I thought that one was fun. It is good to think back and remember how life used to be.
Allison just told me about the part-time sub plan for Paige's class. YIPEE! I am very excited that Zac will get to have you (at least temporarily) as a teacher! I wish both my boys could have ALL the Moms from playgroup at some point in their school careers.
Oh, ya, you can count on me to help on Wednesday and/or Friday mornings... What's that favorite drink of yours from Starbucks? Seems to me that I promised to supply the Sub with a weekly coffee ;)
Sigh..that was a really sweet one and a good idea at that!
Looking back always makes me a little sad, since they grow so quick. Did you get that way at all?
It seems like you are really happy and going in the direction you want to - I'm so glad that you're in this place.
I was just thinking, oh this would be a fun post and then you tagged me - thanks:) I'll try it soon.
Post a Comment