. . . we left for our big adventure.
I can't believe it's already been a year.
Sometimes I look up airfare, just for fun.
I can't do that today because I swear I would buy the tickets.
And then we'd land in Italy, and we'd be there but we'd be out of money for food and lodging, and I have a feeling that would be less fun than the five weeks we spent there last year. And also my husband may not be all that happy with me because he doesn't have very much vacation plus the whole spending-all-that-money-without-discussing it thing.
So instead, this week, (and probably for the next 5, and most likely the rest of our life), we'll be reading our travel blog over and over and over. And we'll look through the 2000 pictures that we took. Those 2000 pictures that I still have not done a thing with because I am too overwhelmed to go through them and order and I am too intimidated to go through them and delete any. Even the ones with bad lighting and eyes half closed.
And lots of sentences at this house will start with, "Remember when . . . ?" or "Remember that time that . . .?" or, "I loved it when . . . " (And all memories tied with Rome will include being stuck in a rainstorm.)
I guess memories are a pretty good second to actually being there.



3 comments:
I love that you were brave & adventurous to do the "Big Adventure!" I hope that I had a small part to play in your love of travel. I feel that this last year I have seen less of you than any other year of your life, except when you were in Alaska. I love & miss you!! Auntie B.
What a fun trip down memory lane. I remember looking anxiously at your blog everyday and living vicariously through your travels. What an awesome "big adventure". And the kids...they look so darn small in this post. I swear they have grown a ton since then. Happy trip down memory lane this next 5 weeks.
That must have been so amazing - something I would love to do with the kids too.
I am a huge romantic with my memories.
In the summer of 2006, we lived in McCall for 6 whole weeks. I didn't see family or friends, have a McDonalds, or even a husband during part of the week each week. It was so wonderful ~ so simple.
Post a Comment