The Lightning Readers had their final battles this morning at the Regional competition. There were schools from all over Western Oregon- Corvallis, Silverton, Albany, etc. I am possibly making some of that up, but truthfully there were a LOT of teams and most of them I'd never heard of their multi word school name.
Our kids did a good job. They finished Round 1 right around 10th. Which is pretty dang respectable considering they are 3rd graders (most teams are 4th and 5th graders) and considering there were 25ish teams there. (I say 30, Joel says less than 24.) They were definitely disappointed to be bumped out of the second round, and there were (more than) a few tears. I'll admit to tearing up too, I know, it's shocking, but I hated to see our sweet kids so sad! They have a lot to be proud of though. They've been a great team. They've kept things positive and been good sports. They've worked hard, and were school champs! We are so proud of them. (And can't wait until next year!)
Two Years
13 years ago



2 comments:
They have a lot to be proud of! Tell them good job.
They are all winners!!!
Post a Comment