The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him.
- Pablo CasalsTo our sweet, sweet, funny boy,
What would we do without you? Today, this day of your birth, we stop and think of 3 years ago when you burst into the world without a second thought. We weren't ready for you, the doctors said you weren't ready, but you had other plans. I love thinking through the events of that day. Me, going to the doctor and having her tell me that you'd stay put for another week, at least. Getting an ultrasound and finding out that you were breech! On my way home, making calls, assuring everyone that we were fine, and that, yes, we could still have the baby shower. Your papa was watching The Bigs, so I stopped at Hallmark on the way home to pick up a baby book. Just because.
Once I got home, I laid down on that old green couch, and was talking to Kim on the phone. All of the sudden it was very apparent to me that you were intent on proving everyone wrong. A quick trip to the hospital, urgent calls to your daddy and Nana, and a couple of hours later . . . after a black lace underwear debacle and pleading prayers, you were here. Tiny. Loud. And healthy. Perfect. Thank you, Lord.
When I was pregnant with you I often worried that you'd be adversely affected by the stress, the sickness, and the issues we'd had those several months. But once you were here, it was like you'd stashed away all that joy that we couldn't use during those dark days, and you kept it for us. The past 3 years, you've just shone. You are a light to your daddy and me. You shine for your brother and sister. You are loved by so many. You are funny, strong willed, smart, and oh, so sweet. It's hard to imagine how our family ever felt complete before you arrived on the scene.
Happy Birthday, Carter Mac. We love you so.
Love,
Your Mama













7 comments:
Happy birthday, Carter!! I didn't get to talk to you today. I wasn't sure what time your party was, and then I had Bissy's state championship dance competition today. They won & are the State Grand Champs! When I got home at 11 p.m., it was much too late to call. I love you so. . .I thought about you all day, and what a gift you are to us all. I love you, and am crazy about you. . .always!! Auntie B.
Sarri, what a heartfelt tribute to your baby. You are such a good mama and I am so proud of you & Joel. Today was fabulous for me too, Carter's Nana! He is a joy! Oh my!:)
xoxoxox
"a black lace underwear debacle"?
Happy Birthday
So sweet, Sarri, and I adore the photos. That child has one great amazing smile!
I'm also left wondering about the black lace underwear....'fess up!! LOL
Happy Bday Carter. Sweet pictures Sarri. Hard to believe he is 3 already.
Um, yeah, you left us all hanging with the black lace underwear comment...do tell! :)
Someday (a spring walk?) I want to hear all about his birth story. It sounds similar to one of mine...
He's so precious Sarri!!! Your family is so sweet:)
Did I know about him first? :) I kind of still like that.
Post a Comment