Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

How Worlds Connect


Today was Madeline's reception for the essay contest she won third place in last week. She read her essay beautifully- twice! Once for the audience and once for channel 11! Her essay was on the topic of, "How World Connect at my Library", and it had to be between 50 and 100 words.

I read Bound For Oregon by Jean Van Leeuwen. I learned that times can be very hard on the Oregon Trail. I think a lot of people were nervous on the long journey. I wonder if all the McReynolds survived. I imagine being on the Oregon Trail. The library really lets my mind go free to other worlds and I can go anywhere, anytime. That's how worlds connect at my library.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a girl! I am so proud of her! It has been quite a month for her and it isn't over yet! Love you, Maddy Girl!

Paige Lomas said...

...making salsa, winning the battle of the books, winning a writing contest...what else can this girl do? Wow!

Michelle said...

Way to go! You must be on cloud 9 celebrating all these great achievements!

Judy said...

Ah, just beautiful! She's going to be (already IS) such an eloquent writer.