I'm so proud of our girl. We switched dance schools this year. Madeline was dragging her feet initially- she loved her dance teacher and she loved being one of the more experienced girls in the class. But she needed the bar set a little higher, and so we moved. (That's the short and nice version.)
Tonight was "Parent Watch Week", so we got to see all she's learned since the fall. Wow. She has been working so hard. I love watching her. I love seeing the turns she couldn't attempt a few months ago, and how her legs are just a little straighter than before. It's hard not being the most experienced dancer in there, but she isn't getting discouraged. She's learning and growing.
She loves hip hop and tap. She looks so at ease doing all these 'cool' moves.
And earlier today, I got to watch her do a little swimming. She looked so strong and confident down there, I can't believe she's mine sometimes. How is she almost 9? How can that be?



1 comment:
I'm very proud of Maddy too! She has worked hard this year and it shows. I love parent watch week. What a fun time to get to see their progress. I can't believe she is 9 either, because I can't believe mine is 12 and one of the oldest ones in the class!
Post a Comment