Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Things I Love. Part 24

A few weeks ago I learned about a kids' Artist Trading Card swap on my friend, Mary's blog. I signed up just under the wire, and a few days later we got our assignments. Garrett is sending and receiving cards from Norway, Brazil, and London! (And also California.) Madeline is sending and receiving from 3 different parts of California, Vancouver Island B.C., and Eastern Canada.

Today on the way home from school we stopped at the art store in town to get the cards. (They needed to be on actual heavy duty art paper.) When we got home we looked at Google Earth and our actual globe to figure out where all these pieces of art would be traveling. We looked online at artist trading cards by adults and kids. And then, I remembered a picture book I had about different artists, (and for once I actually knew where it was!!!), so we pulled that out and read it too.

Then they got down to business.

Garrett was all about the glitter.

Madeline was all about the professional water colors that her friend gave her for her last birthday.
She really hung in there. An hour after Garrett cleaned up, she was still working. She decided to also make one for Blessing, the little girl we met in Rome nearly a year ago.


Not one to be left out (even though he was too young for the exchange), little brother joined the water color bandwagon. Heavy on the water.
Pictures of the finished products tomorrow in the daylight . . .

No comments: