
I recently (like, a week ago) learned about Pandora Radio. It's radio on the internet. That's what they say anyway, but it's not like any radio station I've ever heard.
First of all, you put in some bands that you like. Then, it plays those bands, and others with similar style. And if there is a song that makes you think, "Ick," you can just press the ">>" button and skip it!
I am really not good at learning about new music. I have spent the last 9 years listening to Little People singing about going to the zoozoozoo and it has stunted me in the music department. But with Pandora, I can type in 'Indigo Girls' (timeless!) and all of the sudden I am listening to Norah Jones and Jack Johnson and other people whose names I can't remember. (That's part of my deficiency, I can never remember names of bands unless they've been on The Today Show.) I keep pressing the 'thumbs up' button so Pandora can remember that I am a fan. Love it!
I also love that I can do Pandora on my iphone OR on my laptop. And it keeps my preferences from gadget to gadget. Check it out!
P.S. Those itunes cards at Starbucks for free (when you buy a drink, naturally) have also opened my eyes to some cool new musicians!



3 comments:
I love Pandora.com as well! Cool website huh? I LOVED it at Christmas time because I found some new Christmas music to add to my list! Enjoy!
I love Pandora! (Except the site isn't available in Ecuador, so actually I should say that I miss Pandora) Here is an artist name you should type in...(elipses for suspense) Ben Taylor! Son of James Taylor and Carly Simon, are you kidding me? He is terrific.
PS. I love these "Things I Love" posts for February, for I too am not a fan of February. They have brightened my day. :)
Rick told me about this a while ago and I had forgotten about it. Maybe I'll have to go check it out.
Post a Comment