Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Things I Love. Part 21

So apparently I am not great at committing to do anything for a month. Even a short month. I've been sick these past few days and haven't been taking pictures, nor have I been dwelling on things I am thankful for.

I've been pretty grumpy actually. I've missed a bunch of fun stuff the last few days, stuff like birthday parties, MNO, and bright February sunshine. And 60 degrees.

Yesterday I stayed in bed ALL. DAY. LONG. Literally. Joel brought me lunch up to bed. My kids put on aprons and waited on me. CB came and picked up Garrett and took him to lunch and to run his crazy energy out at Scotty's Playhouse. At 6:30 pm last night I finally drug myself out of my cozy nest and took a shower. And then I realized, dang, I have a LOT to be thankful for!

I have a mom who brings me a latte in the morning when I'm sick. (I know it probably isn't great for me, but trust me, I would feel a lot worse without my morning coffee!)

I have friends who will take my wild middle child and even let him ride in her car when he is SUPER sweaty.
And most of all, I have a husband who will cover for me the entire Saturday so I can stay in bed and get better. He fed the kids, he did dishes, he took them outside to play, and he didn't let them come ask me 10,000 questions. He even took good care of me. Not as good of care as my mom takes when I am sick, (a running joke between Joel and I that is mostly funny because it's so true), but pretty good care.

So, no pictures, but I love a restful and healthful Saturday.

An aside- CB sent me the above picture of Isaac, Garrett, and G's sweaty head. Maddy was reading over my shoulder as I responded, "He is the sweatiest kid I know!"
Maddy got really quiet and said, "I don't think that's very nice."
I replied, "What?"
She said, "Garrett is the sweetest kid you know?"
While I am glad she knows what happens when 2 vowels go walking, I got a kick out of it. I assured her that she is the sweetest kid I know, but Garrett truly is the sweatiest.

5 comments:

Heidi Boos said...

Sarri, Sure hope you're back to feeling 100% soon! I just came down with something as well, and so I'm loving the extra care I'm getting from my husband! We are so blessed, aren't we?

Anonymous said...

Yep, you have got a great hubby, even if he doesn't take as good of care of you as your mom...who has had LOTS of practice! AND YEA! for CB!

CB said...

Things I Love - I love that a photo I took made one of your Things I Love entry!

The boys truly had fun (and I know one other little boy who could give G a run for his money for the Sweatiest Kid...why do you think that Zac always has SHORT hair?!?)

We missed you and Judy Saturday night. We actually had great service (for once!).

CB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pineapplejenny said...

Thanks for the fun visit. We loved getting to know those sweet kids and catching up a little. Thanks, to Joel for the computer time! We have only heard the once from Ed so forward us any great info. Is he still in Thailand? Tell Pam thanks for hanging out. Love you all,