Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

Things I Love. Part 23

-Today I was at Maddy and G's school, visiting with the (awesome) librarian. All of the sudden a door to the adjoining reading room bursts open, and there is my daughter- a huge, genuine, grin on her face, and she throws her arms around me in a tight hug. In front of all her friends. Doesn't happen often, and it made my day. And I was sure to let her know, like 3 times.

-Tonight, as I was tucking Carter in, he wanted me to read, Red Fish, Blue Fish to him. On one page there was a mean fish. Carter points to it and says, "That guys is mean."
I asked, "Really? What about you?"
Carter answered, "Mmmm, no, me jus' a dood duy." (Me just a good guy.)
He really is.

-Garrett. Well, the little bit I saw Garrett today he was quite out of sorts. Tired, I am sure from Things I Love 22 and being out too late with friends we see too little. But I am thankful for friends like Judy and Allison who take my kids and love on them. Today Carter spent the morning at Allison's and both boys spent the afternoon at Judy's and then another hour or two, just for fun, at Nana's. I will say that something I always love about Garrett is how faithful (obsessed?) he is with goodnight hugs. Joel and I trade off tucking in every night. Garrett doesn't care. He will hug everyone once. Then he'll go get in bed, get tucked in, and give another hug. And usually, once all is quiet and everyone is in bed, he'll come downstairs again for one more hug. Just in case. And yes, he's probably stalling. But honestly, he is quiet and subdued and genuine and a really good hugger during these times. So I'm going to let him keep doing it.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

I'm so glad you are recording how Carter says his words - so cute! Now you will never forget:)Dood job.

Michelle said...

These are sweet memories Sarri.