Pages

Monday, June 30, 2008

Backyard Campout

Well, it was interesting. I am not a big camper, and I lasted until midnight. I was positive it was going to rain, (it didn't), so every time the tent rustled I was petrified that we were going to get poured on. Then Garrett started coughing and Joel got up to use the facilities a zillion times, and by 12, I was DONE. The bad news for me is that from July 3-6 we are camping (for real) with some of Joel's family. It is always a very fun time, but I am usually sleeping in a trailer or a house. This year we are doing it right, as Joel says. I guess I will REALLY enjoy my next 2 nights of my own bed!

Everyone else made it through though. Yay for them! The kids thought it was pretty much the most fun thing ever. The Bigs fell asleep long before Carter. He kept saying, "G? Tiderd? Doodoo? Tiderd? ME TIDERD!" Although he didn't seem very 'tiderd' at all. Then, when everyone would be so quiet and about asleep, he'd yell, "DIS FUN!"

Here is proof.



4 comments:

Judy said...

Non-campers unite!!! :) Remember when I thought that camping by myself with 2 children would be a good idea last year??? This year I am booking a hotel!

Michelle said...

Hope you have a great time camping. Tom & I are neither one campers, so our poor kids will never really experience the "joy of camping". The closest we came was visiting our Bible study group for the day while they camped since we had well, um, "other committments". :)

Julia said...

I'm so sad you are going to the beach without us!

We'll meet up with you next year. Have fun!

Paige Lomas said...

http://www.lomaslol.blogspot.com/