-I was a baking fool today. I made cinnamon rolls and also these to die for oatmeal caramel bars. Let me know if you want any recipes- these things are seriously good. The bars are SUPER easy too.
-The reason I am doing all this baking is that we are headed to Long Beach, Washington tomorrow morning for our annual Independence Day festivities. It looks like it should be great weather, and I am taking both my lenses and the tripod, so brace yourself for zillions of pictures next week. (Or avoid my blog for a while!)
-I wanted to do a cute 'Good Bye June, Hello July' post like a bunch of my blogging friends, but I just didn't get it done. July is one of my favorite months. The heat is still novel, the month lays untouched from school, nestled between June and August, and it has so many possibilities. The 4th of July is one of our only truly American Holidays (that and Thanksgiving are really just ours), and I love that it's so carefree and low key.
Here are a few of my favorite pictures from June- some I may have shared before, and some maybe not. . .
Joel and I at the Indigo Girls concert last Saturday. It was SO HOT, but SO SO SO good. Seriously, really, very good. This picture is not, but I had to document the event. I think this is the third time we've seen IG at the Zoo- so fun. Wow, full month! I guess June isn't half bad.
Have a great 4th of July.
.jpg)



6 comments:
I also doubt that Amish people will be reading your blog to be offended. You know, with their aversion to modern conveniences and all. .. And I totally want the recipe for oatmeal caramel bars. Sounds delish! Have fun camping!
Wow...so many great photos and memories! You have had a full month of June, and you guys got out of school LATE (well, it seemed like it after our June 5).
Have a great 4th!!
I am so inspired by you as a blogger (your layouts are so cool) and as a writer ("july is nestled inbetween june and august") You're my inspiration...feel like slow dancing to some Chicago?
I am so inspired by you as a blogger (your layouts are so cool) and as a writer ("july is nestled inbetween june and august") You're my inspiration...feel like slow dancing to some Chicago?
You know, if Carter and Molly ever end up getting married you are going to have the most AMAZING photos for their slide show. Seriously, those two are peas and carrots. Love the photos. I've been out of the blogging loop for awhile, so I'm getting caught up.
Please post the oatmeal carmel bars recipe. Anything carmel. . .count me in!!
Post a Comment