I had a pit in my stomach all morning- from when I woke up, to when we were getting Garrett ready, and the hour that they were gone. I knew how scared he'd be when he found out what was coming. I knew that it would hurt him. And, I knew that it was necessary.
Joel called after it was all over and let me know that he did alright, had few tears, and was super brave. Then I asked to talk to Garrett. As soon as he heard my voice? BURST into tears. Sometimes talking to my mom after stressful situations has a similar effect (affect?) on me. He cheered up soon though- they were headed to Hopscotch (our local, independent toy store), and then we all met up at Shari's (Garrett's choice, not mine!) for some breakfast. Chocolate chips and whipped cream on a pancake go a long way in healing owies, apparently.
He was pretty proud of his 4 band aids too.



2 comments:
What a big boy! And it's always okay to cry to your Mama.
so, so, so brave! way to go G!
Post a Comment