Mmm, strawberry shortcake with fresh local berries!
But one day last week the kids and I headed out to 'The Farm' to enjoy the pond before it went down too far. It was a lovely day (a rarity around here lately), and even Carter ended up taking a little ride in the canoe.
Carter was not a fan of the whole 'life jacket' concept.
And he thought he'd let The Bigs ride with Papa, and he'd hang with Mama.
Eventually, peer pressure set in, and Carter enjoyed a ride as well.
The day ended on a high note when the kids found a bunch of wild strawberries on the hill near Papa's house. We didn't think they'd be ripe yet with all this crummy weather we've been having. Nice surprise!
Yep, they look small, but they are yummy!



2 comments:
Looks like you had fun with Papa! I remember playing out at the farm as kids. Good times! As for the Carter bed thing. My girlfriend got a bunch of taped stories, like Winnie the Pooh and would get the babes all tucked in and turn on the tape recording. They loved the soothing voice and would lay there quietly and fall asleep. They really looked forward to it. Also, what about putting the boys in the same room? It may be worth a try on a Friday night, when sleep isn't so crucial.
of course I am addicted to your blog (and Alison's) so I check it and comment on it every chance I get, even though I just saw you! oh well, crazy. love your backyard!
Post a Comment