But, each day I got a little more out of him about what they did. He was usually so tired he didn't want to talk about anything, but then we started playing this 'game' and I'd guess what they did and he'd tell me if I was right or wrong, so I got a few more details that way. He really connected with his staff person, and I felt blessed that she 'saw' him and appreciated him and his sense of humor. He even made a new friend this week, who he calls, "My friend who doesn't have a name." Also fun was that a guy that G went to preschool with was at camp this week and they were in the same group. They had a lot of fun together and it was good for them to reconnect!
Madeline had an incredible week. She loved her staff person, of course, she loved every activity (but mostly rafting!), and she took the swim test and passed to the deep section! I'm proud of both of my kids for doing things that they were nervous about. We talked in the car about how full their lives will be because they try new things, even when they are a little 'stressed' (G's word on Monday before camp started).
Thursday was Family Night at camp and my dad joined us for all our Tilikum activities! There was canoeing, playing at the barn (my favorite- NOT, but there were some pretty cute little animals there), and going to the treehouse. This year even Carter crossed the rope bridge at the treehouse, though he do so a little unconventionally. He was so proud of himself!
It was such a fun week for all of us- I love the morning car rides out to Tilikum when we sing camp songs at the top of our lungs, and the afternoon car rides when the kids take turns answering my questions- but we are glad for a break too. Garrett said yesterday, "How many days in a year?" I told him and he gasped, "SO I HAVE TO WAIT 365 DAYS TO COME BACK HERE?!?!?"



2 comments:
YAHOO! What a wonderful opportunity for them in so many ways! Bless their sweet, little hearts!
Fletcher...I mean Sarri,
Thank you so much for sharing these pictures over the last week. It has been wonderful to reminisce the good old days. I can not wait until my kiddos get the chance to live these days for themselves. I loved reading all about Garrett's first camp experience. So cute!
Hope you're enjoying your summer.
What are your plans for next year? Will you be teaching? Or will you continue to stay home with the little ones?
Post a Comment