We were so lucky to have Danielle and Dave here for 3 nights this past week. 'Blessed' would be a more accurate word. Danielle and I became fast friends our freshman year of college. We lost touch a few years ago and then connected again via the magic of the internet. After not seeing each other for five years, we picked up right where we left off- it seemed that we'd just seen each other last week. She's married to an awesome guy, Dave, and Joel and I loved hearing about the INCREDIBLE adventures they've been having while Living the Good Life in Ecuador.
We stayed up late talking, they explored (and loved!) Third Street, and we enjoyed meals together. On Friday we all went to the zoo with Nana Pam. It was a perfect day there.
Our visit culminated with a dream come true for me- I'm not exaggerating as much as you'd think- going to the Indigo Girls concert at the zoo together. If you know me, you know that I LOVE the Indigo Girls and that Joel and I have caught every concert possible the past couple of years. Well, Danielle is the person who introduced me to the Indigo Girls in the first place. I know she loves them even more than me, and I got to be with her at her first IG concert! After a day at the zoo with the kids, (Thanks Nana Pam for joining us and taking our wild children home!), the four of us had such a good time visiting, eating, and drinking while waiting for the show to start. And then once it did start (while we were visiting with Sarah- so fun that you came down!), it was AMAZING.
Oh, it was so awesome. About 2/3 of the way through the show, Danielle and I went down to the front to watch. It was crowded and a little nuts, but it was so COOL to be down there. We were singing at the top of our lungs and SCAHREEEAMING. Very, very, very fun. On the way home we all squished in Joel's clown car (and somehow got the wagon in the trunk with all the soccer and baseball stuff!) and laughed harder than I've laughed in a very long time all the way home. The kind of laughter that stays with me for days and makes me smile when I think of it. The best.
Dave and Danielle left early Saturday morning for more adventures with family and then they are returning to Ecuador in a couple of weeks. Thanks SO MUCH you guys for spending some of your time with us! We'll have G's room ready for you again next year!



4 comments:
Wow...that sounds like you had a great time. Good friends are always great to laugh with and share great times.
Oh, it was great to see Dave and Danielle! You are so blessed to have them as friends and so am I! It was so easy to be with them again! Loved it!
Those visits are the best.
And elephant ears!! How we miss those things...Here it's funnel cake and it's not the same AT ALL.
We had such a wonderful time with the Gibson 5. We pulled out of your driveway with Dave telling me that he wished we lived in the same town so we could have more times like that. So, what do you say? Want to move to Ecuador? :) Love you Sarri
Post a Comment