
We picked them up and then, my cousin Jolena, (who got married last year) hosted a shower at her home. (Our reason for going to Idaho this week was that my cousin, Jaman, was getting married on Saturday.) Mom and I went and it was the first time we'd been to her house. It was so fun!
Later, we went back to Papa's and went swimming at the clubhouse. (Definitely a highlight for the kids!)
We washed them off and made it to my Aunt JoAnn's in time for dinner. During dinner Garrett started to fade. I thought he was wiped out from days and days with no naps, being on the go, and swimming. By the time we got back to Aunt Bec's at bed time G had spiked a high fever, seemingly out of nowhere. We gave him some meds, but throughout the night his fever wouldn't break and seemed to keep climbing. He was out of bed during the night probably 6 times- super unusual for him. He was talking about stuff that didn't make sense, and no matter what I did, I couldn't get the fever to break. He was scary hot by this point and I was really worried. I kept wiping him down with a cool washcloth and had him sip water. He was having crazy nightmares about tsunamis, tornados, and earthquakes. By morning things were not any better and even when he was completely awake he was talking nonsense. We finally decided he was hallucinating and decided to take him to Urgent Care since his fever was still super high, and he was crying about a headache.
Well, to make a long story short, that turned out to be ridiculous. He finally responded to Motrin and his fever broke. One nurse asked if he had any stomach ache and Garrett shrugged and said, "Yeah, sometimes." So that led to blood tests and the possibility of of APPENDICITIS and BACTERIAL INFECTIONS and HIGH WHITE BLOOD COUNT and OHMYWORDWHATISGOINGONWITHMYBABY. And they had him admitted to the ER! I wish I would have taken a picture of him in his hospital gown in the bed. They brought him a heated blanket and I said I wanted to crawl in with him. He glared at me and told me, "It's only a bed for one MOM!" He was pretty grumpy and unpleasant the whole time and he just wanted to leave and go to McDs for an egg mcmuffin! I couldn't blame him. I KNEW he didn't have appendicitis, seriously! I just didn't want him to have a high fever and painful headache. But when they said something was wrong with his blood, we didn't want to mess around with it. Finally they let us go home. It was so weird, but he didn't get crazy sick like that again so who knows what the deal was. The rest of Saturday we slept, and then woke up just in time to get ready for the big wedding.
The reception was at the Boise Art Museum and was gorgeous.
The food was delish (amazing- baby lobster for one thing) and the drinks were YUM. It was fun to get to visit a little with family, but I was pretty nervous about Garrett still. (The kids stayed with Aunt Bec and did fun things like making stepping stones, watching movies, eating pizza, and baking cookies while we were at the wedding.) It was a gorgeous evening though and we are so happy for Jaman and Christen!



5 comments:
Poor Garrett (and scary for you)!!
I love that you are having a great time and I also adore the last 2 photos. So much fun!
Pardon me while I spend the next hour untwisting the knots in my stomach! I'm glad that G is feeling better, though, and the pics from the wedding are gorgeous! I really love the one of you and your mom!
I had so much fun with you and Aunt Pammie! I wish I could have seen the kids...next time. Thanks for the great pics! Love you cuz!
Where have you NOT been this summer? Yikes you are totally on the go!
So scary about G. I hope he is well soon.
Post a Comment