Within the craziness of this week (just getting back from Idaho right after camping at the beach right after being so sick (ear and sinus infections) right after a family funeral in Seattle, just after G got home from Idaho, just after Maddy's recital, just after school got out), I decided to add to it by going to the beach on Tuesday night. My mom and Aunt Bec were staying for the week, plus they had taken Carter over for a couple of nights. So I picked the kids up from camp, we made a quick potty stop at our house, and then headed to Gleneden to spend the night and get Carter.
It was gorgeous at the coast, but a little windy. We had a quick walk on the beach, dinner, a very quick swim followed by a longer soak in the hot tub, and then dessert and bed for the kids. Mom, Becky, and I stayed up blogging (me), chatting, and watching tv. I love spending time with my mom and my aunts!
While we were preparing dinner, it was awfully quiet in the back bedroom. I went to check on Carter and found him back there, happily listening to the books on tape Nana Pam had brought for him! Such a cute boy.
We all got up early Wednesday morning and they fixed breakfast for us. We were out the door by 7:15 to make a quick stop at our house for sandwiches and blueberries that Joel packed and picked for the kids, and then back to camp again.
Of course Wednesday night the kids (oh, and also I) were SO tired. Maddy was supposed to have dance in Newberg, and we got her all ready and drove her there. She was nearly asleep by the time we pulled up to the studio and she burst into tears. I could tell she was nearly nauseous because she was so wiped out. She is so conscientious about dance and hates to miss at all (plus she loves it), but she didn't have it in her. I felt so bad for her, I totally should have know that Tilikum, beach, and dance were way too much to fit into one week for anyone, especially a kid! We turned around and drove home, and M crawled right into bed even though it was only 7. Totally my fault. Lesson learned.



No comments:
Post a Comment