Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Busy Day: Part 2

(From Sunday, July 26 . . . and Busy Day: Part 1 will follow!)

(Click on collage to enlarge)

Oh, how we love summer. But it's been HOT here in the PacNW- hot for us anyway. (Not complaining, just saying!) And when the going gets hot, PacNWers go to the beach. Apparently ALL the PacNWers go to the beach. I couldn't believe how crowded the beach at Pacific City was!

We had a fun day- climbed the big dune, (wow, that was much easier when I was 18), played in the water a bit, (the water was much warmer when I was 18), and generally relaxed (I took a long nap while Joel played with the kids- and then we traded- bliss!). I don't know why we don't go play at the coast with the kids more- maybe it's the sand everywhere, but so worth it!

After hours of playing we enjoyed dinner at the Pelican Brewery. So yummy. We had three sleepy kids on the way home. Sleepy, but happy! It was the perfect way to beat the heat- I think it was around 100 that day. Now that it's 105, and supposed to be hotter tomorrow, I'm wishing we could head over again!

2 comments:

Mom said...

GREAT pics, Sis! Glad you got in some quality family time...so important! xoxoxox

Paige Lomas said...

Smart to head to the beach. Looks like you had a nice time.