Pages

Monday, May 19, 2008

What a Weekend!

We had a lovely time celebrating Jolena and Drew's wedding. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the past few days...
Rehearsal on Thursday. Garrett is helping Carter down the aisle...with gummy bears.

Jolena and Jody, her dad.

The Bigs enjoying the lake after rehearsal.

Photo by Josiah at rehearsal dinner.


My boys, hanging out.

Sissy- getting pretty for the big day!

We took a little canoe ride the morning before the wedding. It was SO gorgeous!

Joel and me.

I tried to get one of both of us, but it's a lot harder with my heavy camera! Oops!



My Bigs just before the wedding. Aren't they lovely?

It was HOT and little Carter had red cheeks all afternoon.


Let the games begin! Carter froze here for what seemed like an hour. (But was probably 30 seconds.) He didn't exactly look scared, but more like, "This is pretty funny, and I don't really think I need to be involved with this right now." Garrett tried so hard, but Carter would NOT budge!

Nana Pam had to help Carter up the steps. She later described him as, "A sack of cement."


Phew! I love how unkempt he looks. I tell ya, I spend an hour getting him perfect, and in 2 minutes, he is 'all boy' again!

My lovely girl, perfecting the art of flower girl-ing.

Here she comes! She looked so beautiful, as you can tell. There wasn't a dry eye in the place. Jaman (Jolena's brother) performed the ceremony, and did such a wonderful job. I sobbed my eyes out the whole time.

WOO HOO!!!



I love this one. Jolena was standing in the sunspot, and everyone else was in the shade, so she was just glowing.
My mom and me.

On the way to the reception. If you look closely, you can see the rocks in their hands- for crushing ants along the way. Of course!

Cheers!

8 comments:

Judy said...

Such a snazzy looking family. Cute! Cute!

Stefanie said...

Beautiful pictures:)

We have a cabin in McCall on Payette Lake. They look so similar!

Fun and I have great cousins too~what a great trip for you guys!

Melanie Penelope said...

I have to say, reading about your wonderful little family really cheers me. You guys are great! I'm pleased to know you.

All the pictures and captions are wonderful! Good post. :D

Sarah said...

Great photos! You guys were just down the road from us!!!! Priest Lake is so close you should have stopped in!!!!! :)

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

By the way, I LOVE your pink dress! And Carter's hair! I'm totally going to gel Callum's hair and see if I can get in spiky now. :) It looks like a wonderful weekend.

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

One more thing, did your friend Sarah have her baby yet?

Sarah Butler said...

Okay friend, you are looking FABULOUS! The pink dress is stunning - your fam is cute but you are one hot mama! :) Great pics - sounds like a weekend to remember.

Sarah said...

Oh man, LOL I was just reading through your post again and laughed out loud at the "sack of cement" comment from your mom. I can just hear her voice saying it and for some reason it just hit the funny bone. :)