As I mentioned before, my grandma has moved from her home with Papa to an Alzheimer's Care Center. This was my first trip over since she's moved, and it was tough. From the moment we pulled into town and walked in their house and she wasn't there waiting up to make sure we'd arrived safely, to Sunday when I drove away and Papa was waving goodbye to us on the lawn- all alone- it was tough. But within the hard things, there have been so many blessings and small favors, which in the face of what we are dealing with, are really not small at all. We are trying to hang on to the good, the blessings, and the endearing things right now.
On Wednesday, my mom brought Grammy out to Aunt Bec's for hot tubbing and lunch. She was happy to be there, and loved being with the kids. While she can't usually get to our names, (I haven't heard her say, "Sarri" for probably 2 years), but she knows we belong with her, and details about us, so I think she knows us still.



3 comments:
My heart goes out to you during this difficult time. You are so blessed and your kids sure bring your family such joy.
I bet it is tough seeing your Grammy go through all of those transitions. But what a blessing she is still able to enjoy everyone and spend some time making memories that will be with your kids and your family.
I'm glad you were able to share such a sweet time with your kids and your grammy...
Post a Comment