It's always my job to do the lights. (I like them a certain way!)
We are quite happy with the finished product. Garrett likes to tell anyone that will listen that our tree is prettier than theirs. And Nana's. Here's how he recounted one such conversation to me.
G: Our tree is prettier than James' tree. And Nana's.
Me: Garrett! You can't say that to people! It could make them feel bad! Everyone's tree is different, and just right for their family!
G: Well, when I told James that, he didn't make a happy OR sad face. So I think it was ok.
Oh man. As it turns out, the reason our tree is head and shoulders above most of our friends' tress is because we use colored lights, and they use white. He is a big fan of colored lights. (I'm not, so much, but I'm glad he's happy.)



4 comments:
I have to admit that putting the angel on top of the tree was a really big deal at my house growing up (read: until I was married). I created this "tradition" that the oldest child always put it on! What a brat...hey there has to be one good thing about being the oldest.
To prove how bratty I was...I also had to put an engraved ornament on the tree every year that said "The Rogers' Steve, Karen, & Molly" from when I was a baby. I needed to remind myself of those few years I was an only child. Brat!
don't show garrett my tree this year...it will have white lights
that is, if it stops snowing long enough for me to drive to get a tree.
I went out & got colored lights just for our little Garrett, and now he won't get to see my Dr. Seuss tree. Marian named it that as I have spiky things coming out from it at all different angles~
Post a Comment