I am having some trouble uploading photos currently, so I am going to post this with only the video for now.
Tis the season for "Winter" programs for school children! Specifically, Christmas programs for OUR children. The preparation for said programs include HOURS of rehearsal (not kidding), but oh man, I have to say . . . I love them. I can't help it.
Last week was Sissy's. She was darling, even though she was a little annoyed that she had to wear Western Wear instead of her new Christmas dress. (I was a little annoyed too.) You can check out Allison's blog for a shot of Maddy and her friends at dress rehearsal. My favorite parts of Maddy's performance were her 'reactions'. The program was a play and the choir was instructed to react when the villian said certain things and boy did Sissy play it up! Hand on the forehead, faking fainting, the whole nine yards. She is so funny!
Tonight was Garrett's program. It was much smaller- just the 4 kindergarten classes. The highlights included a skinny Santa with no peripheral vision (thanks to the wig) taking out a crawling baby, two kinder kids getting in a fist fight ON STAGE, and a whole lot of darling 5 and 6 year olds. Here's ours. This was Garrett's most animated self. I giggle every time I see it- not because I am making fun of him but because of how much I love him. I love that we never know what to expect from him. I love how much he loves life. I love that I got the most goofy smile each time he caught my eye. I am so wild about this kid.
Two Years
13 years ago



5 comments:
Very cute! Can't wait for my little kindergartener's program next week.
Dying here!!! :) LOVE the video! Can't stop watching it!!! :) Love that kid!!!
What a fabulous night to remember! Garrett certainly knew that it was HIS night! What fun!
I like the hand motions. They really add to the overall performance! He is a great actor. I will for sure watch the Academy Awards in about 20 years...or would it be the Tony's? Either way, that is a great video!
Funny thing...I have that same screaming kid on my video too!!!
Z asked me, "Mom, why'd you have to pick the noisy seats?" Guess I should let him pick next time...
Post a Comment