Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

Tree Hunt 08!

You try taking a picture of 5 kids and see if you can get everyone looking perfect! I have 10 photos of this pose, all in varying degrees of hilarity.

We went on our yearly tree hunt a week or so ago. Unlike last year, it was NOT raining sideways buckets so we went on a real tree hunt! And, we found a 8 ft noble fir for $15!! Yes, that's FIFTEEN DOLLARS. (For those of you non-PacNWers, that's a rockin deal!) We've had a fun tradition of a tree hunting with Kim and Sean for longer than Sean and Joel have been around! I think Mom, Kim, and I have been tree hunting together for 10 years now! What started out as 3 ladies has now turned into 3 ladies, 2 men, and 5 kiddos! Such fun.


We always start out with breakfast. We don't fit into Wildwood anymore, so we go to McMenamins.
A post breakfast shot of our 'baby'. How darling are those dimples?


Then we head out to the tree farm. The last few years we've tried different spots, always fun to try something new!


The kids help Joel find a tree.

No, not that one, Garrett.

No! Not that one, JOEL!
Then, the Gibson Five gather around the chosen tree for the annual non-Christmas Card Photo. Madeline actually found our tree this year. It's beautiful and perfect, and she is so proud!


Joel gets to cutting, and the kids supervise.

Then we help Nana find her perfect tree.

After that, we do a few fun photos. How sweet are these two? I am a big fan of them both.

The farm we went to this year was a little . . . interesting. I died laughing when I caught Joel in this candid pose.

Who can blame him though?? Odd.

How sweet is Baby A? It's his first year on the hunt! He even stayed awake for the whole time. What a cutie.

After all 3 trees are cut and purchased, we head to Nana Pam's for the guys to get her tree up. K and I run for Peppermint Mochas, and Nana gets "Frosty the Snowman" going for the little ones.

Another successful year! Stay tuned for Tree Trimming 08!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What the....?? That's weird even for Oregon.

And 15 bucks!! We paid $40 and I thought that was an awesome deal!