Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2008

'Plan B' Christmas

Well, we didn't get to Idaho for Christmas, and there were more than a few tears shed on both sides of the Blue Mountains about that. (Most of them on this side. By me. But still . . .)

Backing up though . . .
By Christmas Eve the snow had turned to slush, and even though my dad and Joel had brought our van home, the roads were even less drivable than the previous week and a half. An hour before we were supposed to go to the Christmas Eve church service, I found out how bad the roads were when I tried to run some errands that I just had to do. And got my van stuck. In 18 inches of slush. It wasn't awesome. Luckily it wasn't too far from our house, so I walked home.

So, we didn't go to church and our friend with a huge 4 wheel drive had to come and get us to go to my mom's for dinner, and later return us home.
Christmas Eve- new Christmas pjs . . . always.

My mom spent the night, and on Christmas day she had to walk home and get all the stuff for Christmas dinner and walk it back over to my house. I don't think our family has ever had to walk Christmas dinner around before, so that was a first. Luckily the slushy ice had melted enough that it was not deeper than our boots by then!
Waiting on the stairs on Christmas Morning.
But we did end up having a nice day. Joel said he thinks it is his first Christmas ever where he didn't have to go anywhere. The kids were thrilled to be home and play, play, play. Joel and Garrett (with occasional help from Sissy) put together Lego sets ALL DAY!

They were quite excited watching Daddy open the gift from them.

Sissy and Carter got G 'lockie talkies'. Score!

Oh, so snuggly! Carter was quite please with his new sleeping bag from Nana!
Sissy had to 'remodel' her room to fit her new AG stuff. A new bed for Kirsten (from Santa) and a scooter for Kit. (From her brothers.)


Carter playing with his new felt board from Mama.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I've been pretty strong about you guys not being here, because I was glad we were all safe. Its hard seeing the joy we missed. I'm choked up now. I love you all so much!! Auntie Beck