Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Muffin Tin . . . Monday?


Have you noticed how there are catchy blog themes for each day of the week? Like Wordless Wednesday or Thankful Thursday? Some people do "Ten on Ten" and take 10 pictures on the 10th of the month- one each hour for 10 hours. I've wanted to do that one for probably 10 months but I never remember until the 12th or something. I am seriously NOT put together enough to keep up with things like that.

With that in mind, meet my variation on Muffin Tin Monday. My friend Heidi is so organized and amazing and she does Muffin Tin Monday with her kids. It's so cute and served in pink muffin tins. I keep thinking it would be fun to do that with the boys.

But it never happens because most of the time I am in such a panicky rush to get lunch on the table so Carter can get down for a nap so I can wake him up in time to get Sissy from school and now my adrenaline is pumping just typing this out. Not lying.



But the other day I was in a rush described above. I hadn't been to the grocery store for days- I think it was a Friday- and I thought of Heidi and her great idea. So this was more of a Muffin Tin I-have-to-feed-you-something-but-I-don't-have-enough-of-any-one-thing-and-I-will-not-feed-you-another-Happy-Meal-.-.-.-this-week. (Told you I wasn't perfect.)

Thankfully, I did have a little of this and a little of that. Most of which the kids were, "Meh", about, at best. I quickly dumped it all in a muffin tin and threw it in front of them and acted like it was the best thing since who knows what. I've done it twice. I put in things like turkey or ham, cut up cheese, applesauce, raisns or crasins, fishy crackers, frozen blueberries, almonds, or any leftovers I think they will touch! It can be something you put a lot of time and thought into, or it can be a super fast and fun way to get lunch on the table. The first time I just filled all the cups full and the boys shared! They were fans of that way too. But with the applesauce this time, it was easier split up.

They were thrilled. They loved it. And "Muffin-Tin-Whatever" was born.

4 comments:

Paige Lomas said...

that is a great idea...no really it is. I wonder how I can wrap the muffin tin for me to take to work.

Heidi Boos said...

Sarri, You always make me laugh! I'm so glad you have found that this works for you...at least once in awhile. It sure does break up the day to day "what's for lunch" and gives it a little kick! I usually try to squeeze it in a couple of times a week, and most often it's NOT on Mondays. :)

You always have the best words! I love reading your blog!

Julia said...

That looks like a great way to eat lunch. I'm sure my girls would love it. However...I do not have that many muffin tins! :)

Michelle said...

Maybe that is what I need to do to make dinners look exciting too! What a fun idea! Take a bunch of leftovers and put them in muffin tins and wait for the excited faces to say "Wow, what a great meal this is!"