Pages

Friday, December 19, 2008

Deep Freeze 08: The Rest of the Week



Deep Freeze '08 has definitely lost it's newness. We are still knee deep in this Arctic Blast. It has been magical, tiring, inpiring, frustrating, irritating, and relaxing all at once, or more accurately at different times throughout the past F I V E days. I don't remember a time in my life where we had school cancelled 5 days in a row!

Anyway, here at the Gibson household here are some things that kept us busy.

We've made a gingerbread house,



played inside a lot (slushy rain is not fun to play in),

and managed to get some outside fun in as well.


There was also a good deal of watching Christmas movies, eating snacks, and watching out the window! We currently have 7 inches outside, which is unheard of for this area, especially combined with the length of this cold white weather! I am sitting here snuggled on the couch with Carter, and listening to the Bigs squealing and laughing with their daddy and neighbor friends outside. Welcome to Winter Break! (Officially!)

4 comments:

Heidi Boos said...

Isn't this snow crazy? I've been enjoying reading your snow updates as we are doing some of the fun things that you are, too!

Paige Lomas said...

You are such a baaaah-hum-bug! The snow has NOT lost its newness! Really? Maybe a little over a week out of 52 weeks!!!! Booo hooo to you! :)

Stefanie said...

Hasn't it been WILD?!

I love it.

But don't dare me to step on the scale after all the treats we have felt (I mean I have felt) deserving to eat...funny how we revert to kid like eating on days like these???

Just me anyway!

Glad you are home, safe and warm with those kiddos of yours!

Anonymous said...

CRAZY! I still can't wrap my head around all that snow and ice. You bloggers are handling much better than I would! :)