The phone rang this morning, as I was sitting on the red couch drinking my Happy-Anniversary-Peppermint-Mocha. Sissy answered. "Hi Nana," I heard her say. "Yes, and my dad just surprised my mom! She thought he was going to work, but really he went to Starbucks and got her a mocha and is working from home today! My mom CRIED because she was so happy!"
Which wasn't entirely true. At all. What really happened was that I tried to talk Joel into working from home today. Because it's Thursday and he's been working at home on Thursdays the past couple of months! And it is sort of snowing! But he felt like he needed to go in today, and promised to bring me a Happy-Anniversary-Peppermint-Mocha (Didn't you hear? Peppermint Mochas are the new bouquet of roses!) before he left town. Because I'll take any occasion for an excuse for a peppermint mocha. But while he was out and about he decided to work from home after all. So when he walked in with a mocha and his stuff, I maybe squealed, but I did NOT cry. (I really didn't!)
We are spending our 9th wedding anniversary (NINTH!!) at home surrounded by melty icy dirty snow. The kids are playing legos and I am alternately playing with them, playing on the computer, and bothering my husband while he works. Which is why he probably doesn't like working from home very much. I will make batter for swedish pancakes, and he'll cook them up- which is the perfect illustration of the good team we usually make. Tonight, weather permitting, we'll take the kids to Nana's and make it to 3rd Street for some tapas or maybe Japanese.
So. Happy Anniversary, Joel. What an adventure this 9 years has been! Kids, houses, trips, sickness, health, lots of laughs and a few tears. I am so glad to have been holding your hand the whole time. I love you!
For a few pics of the happy couple, see our 8th Anniversary post!
Two Years
13 years ago



9 comments:
WOW! I am sitting here getting all nostalgic, tears, giggles, the whole bit. I am so proud of you guys and can't believe how much I love your husband. He is a perfect match for you ... and for his mother-in-law! God truly has had HIS hand on you! Have a great day and I can hardly wait until tonight when I GET THE KIDS! YAHOO!xoxox
Happy Anniversary!!! What are your plans for the weekend? Now I bet you wish you had let your hubby book that trip to Mexico, huh? :)
Happy Anniversary, Gibson's! Late December is an awesome time for a wedding! :)
I got it to work! Thanks Sarri! I love this new freedom of a new background! Yeah!
i love you both so much. sarri, thanks for being so good to joel. joel, thanks so much for bringing sarri into this family. she is the perfect addition...
I too love that you have Joel as your hubby...he is a great coach, dad, carpooler and techie to your friends. Way to be Joel! And you Sarri...I love that we got to teach together. It is all a big snow blur right now, but know that I will always cherish how much you stepped up where no one else dared to go! thanks! Happy Day to the both of you!
Happy Anniversary! Hope you guys had a nice night out in this beautiful snow.
Happy 9th Anniversary! It's amazing how quickly the time flies...
Wow 9 years! I had to look at the wedding pics...I remember that day. I hadn't seen a more beautiful bride...Jenni & I cried :)
Post a Comment