Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Recipe Exchange?

Today as I was reading various blogs of people recounting Christmas baking extravaganzas, I had an idea! Let's do a blog recipe exchange! If you want to participate, just leave a comment here that links to your blog, where you will post your recipe. If you aren't a blogger, but have a great recipe that you want to share, just post the recipe in the comment section!

The recipe can be your favorite Christmas cookie, or any treat. I can't wait to make the scones that Andrea posted today! We can always use more great recipes, right??

Here is my current favorite. I stole this recipe from my mom, who got it from Kim, I think! They are cookies, but super soft and chewy- like brownies- with an Andes mint in the middle! Get your Andes mints in bulk to cut costs! (But don't skimp on the chocolate chips- always make sure you get the ones made with real chocolate!)

Chocolate Mint Marvels
3/4 c. butter
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
2 c. chocolate chips
2 eggs
2 1/2 c. flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
3 or 4 packages Andes mints

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter and sugar in saucepan over low heat. Add chocolate chips and stir to melt. Put mixture in a bowl and let cool. Add eggs, and then mix in flour and baking soda. Chill dough for 1 hour. Roll into balls and place on baking sheet. Bake for 9 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and place an Andes mint on each one. As candy melts, spread across the top of the cookie with a butter knife.
Makes 3 dozen.

I would take pictures- because I made them on Saturday- but they are already ALL GONE! Oops!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Here is mine. . .

http://theeitzenzoo.blogspot.com/2008/12/recipe-sharing.html

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out! That was my first scone-making adventure and I have to say I'm pretty proud of how they turned out.
Here is my absolute holiday MUST BAKE: http://thequeenofgoodintentions.blogspot.com/2008/12/recipe-swap.html

Mary said...

I'm in! :)

http://thejacksonmonologues.blogspot.com/2008/12/im-in-game-part-i.html

Heidi Boos said...

Don't count me out just yet. I'm still trying to decide what my favorite is!