Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

Sweet Home

We've returned from our quick trek to Idaho. I have started a blog 3 times (not kidding), but can't seem to find my rythym, wit, or correct emotion. So you'll just have to wait until the creativeness returns. Ha!

In the meantime know that I am about to sell my youngest child. I am sure none of you who know us will believe this since he is stinking PERFECT for everyone else, but he is really something these days. Let's just say I had to do 2 loads of laundry today to clean up for all the water messes he made ALL DAY LONG. Messes from the kitchen sink, downstairs bathroom sink, upstairs bathroom sink, cups on the counter, AND fridge water dispenser. Chasing him down, trying to prevent messes, and cleaning up messes just sucked me dry today. AND he grabbed my NEW sunglasses that I purchased YESTERDAY off the counter and broke them! When did he get tall enough to grab things off the counter? They were only $15, but STILL! $15 dollars down the drain in one day. Ridiculous. It's a good thing he is so cute and cuddly. Tomorrow morning, he'll mosey down the stairs and into my lap and smile at everything I say and give me tons of kisses and it will all be forgotten. Mostly.

Anyway. Here are a few pictures of our Idaho trip to keep it interesting.

Carter getting into Berkley's accessories.

The kids loved Uncle Chad's farm. They ate the wheat, they climbed the combines, they found the ladybugs. (And they posed for their mom.)

6 comments:

Melanie Penelope said...

Aw, I'm sorry you had such a rough day! He IS such a cutie though, Mama!

Anonymous said...

I have yet to meet Carter (so I do not know of their power in real life) but those adorable eyes just make me want to melt. "I'm not doing anything bad, Mama!!!" :)

Hang in there...like you said, he'll melt your heart again soon enough.

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

It's nice to know I'm not the only one with a toddler I'd like to sell some days. :) Glad you had a great trip and I can't wait to see more pictures!

Anonymous said...

I'm cracking up over the "Oh, jeez I'm busted" look on Carter's face.

Michelle said...

Don't you love how they manage to be perfect for everyone else's benefit? Wish they would let us in on those "perfect" moments now and then. :) Gotta love the eyes looking at you though like "who me?" I have a set of those here too and they seem to do their fair share of using their mesmorizing skills to get out of trouble! Glad you had a good trip and Maddy is home safe and sound from her adventure.

Becky said...

I, as Carter's great aunt, will never believe that he is anything but perfect. If he has me fooled, I am totally happy in my ignorance!! Love you!