The light was so odd tonight- bright sun and dark gray clouds simultaneously. Plus this mama needed a few minutes of quiet, so I grabbed the camera and walked around the yard alone. I go through spurts in my garden. I am currently on a veggie kick outside and a cleaning my house kick inside. (Not going so great, but . . .) So my flowers have suffered a bit this summer, but there is still some stuff that looks pretty.
I love gladiolas. A lot.
Joel's dad made me this arbor for my birthday- my 23rd or 24th, I think. It's been at our rental (where we used to live) for all these years, it was just never a great time to move it. Last month we finally got it over here. We've lived in this house for 4 years, and it's finally HOME! The plants as the base are dark purple clematis. They miraculously made the move too!! As you can see, we need to put some rocks or plants along the base, etc, but it's a start.
Sweet Peas. Yum.
This hydrangea is so happy this year, who knows why. Some of the flowers are pink, and others are purple, and some are a mix. As you can see- I never trimmed last year's dead flowers off. Sigh.

More Glads.
The mystery squash that's growing out of the compost. Sorry for the blur. See the stripes on it? They are acutally ridges. I think it may be some random gourd that I bought (for decoration) last year at the Pumpkin Patch and threw in the compost pile when I was done with it.
2 comments:
Don't you just love how flowers on a single hydrangea bush can vary in color?! It is like magic.
And gladiolas? I will have to look them up...wonder if they grow well over here.
Thanks for the tour! :)
Amazing! Impressive!
Post a Comment