We've returned from our annual trip to Long Beach, Washington to celebrate our Nation's Birthday with Joel's extended family! We had a good time, despite a lot of rain. I survived tent camping, and I will say that my husband bringing me a 20 oz hot vanilla latte each morning really helped. The double air mattress I'd talked Joel into didn't hurt either. (Yes, he rocks.)
Anyway, between showers we made it down to the beach a couple of times. We watched the fireworks from the movie theater (for those of you who know what I'm talking about), and that was perfect for our kids, and for Grandma so she didn't have to walk much. (She watched from the car!) It was a really quiet year, my kids were the only big ones running around, and there was one other cousin, Presley, there who is a year younger than Carter. The kids just loved her, and Maddy declared, "Mom, I want Presley to be my sister because she's cute, funny, and I LOVE the name Presley." I have a feeling her mom and dad won't go for that!
And for any cousins who may be reading- we MISSED you! No go carts or town day this year- too stinking wet. Maybe an hour at the beach tops. You picked a good year to sit out, but we did have fun and a lot of laughs (and a ton of bacon). Start planning for next year!
(Sorry, there are a ton of pictures here.)
Two Years
13 years ago





5 comments:
LOVE the slideshow! I just figured out video on my camera (sad, I know) so now maybe I'll move on to more complicated things--like slideshows! :) Looks like it was a fun weekend, despite the rain. The Ryans and Gibsons WILL go camping yet!
Great photos! I love the one of Maddy starting to run from the tide.
More great summer memories!! :)
so here is the plan...we are all going to meet at Sarri's house with our laptops and she is going to teach up cool blog things...while serving us coffee, freezer jam and our kids all outside playing. Ready? Set? Go!
So sad I missed out! The 4th just isn't the same if we're not at the beach. It should have a great turn out next year.
PS. We'll want our spot back. :)
Well, we were sad to not be able to make it, but with the stretch it would have been for us, and the possibility of rain all weekend we just decided against it. Now that I hear about the weather, I'm sort of glad we didn't kill ourselves to get there. Even though it's always fun to be together and now when will we see you guys?! Thanksgiving? Christmas?
Post a Comment