Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2008

"Big News!"

. . . says Carter as he calls Auntie Judy on the phone. "I pee in the toywet!!"

Yep, it's true. He went in the bathroom today all on his own, climbed on the potty, and actually went! While I am by no means ready to give away the 200 size 5s we have on hand here, it was pretty big news for a quiet Saturday. I suddenly got a glimpse of the light at the end of the diaper tunnel. We've nearly been changing diapers for 8.5 years! There will actually be a day that we will not need to write 'diapers' on the grocery list. Yes, it may still be a year away, but someday!

Can you imagine??

Me neither!


I have no picture of the potty sitting, but here is how Carter generally likes to spend his time lately:

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Way to go Carter! Won't that be nice to not have diapers some day. 8.5 years...wow! I am excited to get out of nighttime pull ups. My guy is such a sound sleeper he doesn't wake up yet!

Teresa said...

Yeah, Carter! Funny picture.
From, Mary

Paige Lomas said...

yeah for Carter..and you! You are ending the 8 years of diapers and I am beginning the 2+ years of diapers...wow, this is going to be a fun ride!

Judy said...

But don't forget! After diapers, there could always be 2, 3, or God forbid 4 or more years of pull-ups! Gee, not talking from experience or anything (I wish)! Ha! Ha! :)