We drove up to Kelso for the day and spent the day at "Big Grandma's" house. (Maddy started calling her 'Big Grandma' when she was 2 because she got 'Great' and 'Big' confused. It stuck, and Big Grandma doesn't seem to mind!) She is Joel's grandma, and a week and a half ago she had a very bad fall. She is slowly recovering, but she is basically immobile and needs a lot of help. We had a nice day of visiting, and picking a bunch of stuff for her out of her garden. Joel's parents were there too, so it was nice to catch up with everyone for a bit!
The kids were so cute enjoying her yard. Carter just loved cruising around the stepping stones and little trails. It is really a 'secret garden' type of yard- I love it! Garrett, was of course our lead harvester. He picked tons of berries, pea pods, and apples! Maddy isn't much into harvesting food, but I was so impressed with her. She spend nearly an hour going around the yard and picking the most beautiful flowers, and arranged them all by herself into a gorgeous bouquet for Grandma to enjoy- since she can't get outside to enjoy them herself right now.
And then. At the end of the day- Carter used the potty AGAIN! In, *ahem* a more significant manner! (If you catch my drift.) What in the world???



3 comments:
Carter will forever hate you for posting that picture...thank goodness you said, "catch my drift" and not "catch a wiff"...hee hee. Anyway, the pictures are great and AGAIN, your posting and telling of family times is inspiring and a great blessing. HI MADDY!!!! You look like you are enjoying your summer!
I just love Garrett's intensity that you capture in each and every harvest photo! He is a very focused boy.
Enjoy and treasure (although it sounds like you already are!) these times with family. Some of us are not so lucky aka small families and geographic distance.
Love the photos. I feel like I've been a horrible blogger lately so I'm just catching up on your July photos. Love Maddie's pillowcase top she wore on the plane. I have the pattern for that but haven't made one yet. Hugs! Sarah
Post a Comment