6 pints of freezer jam
13 half pints of freezer jam
6 cups of berry sorbet
3 gallon ziplocks of frozen berries (not bursting full, but still)
I used Pomona Pectin, and followed the 'freezer jam' recipe in the box.
Here is the recipe for Sorbet, and how I tweaked it.
4 cups mashed berries (I used mostly strawberries, but maybe a cup of raspberries.)
2 cups sugar (Our berries are super sweet, so I used about 1 1/4 cup.)
2 cups buttermilk (I didn't have any, so I did 2 cups milk + 2 T lemon juice.)
-Mix all together and then beat well. Pour into cake pan and allow to freeze. (several hours or overnight even)
-Take it out and chop up the frozen mixture into a mixing bowl, then beat the crud out of it.
-Pour into a container w/a tight lid and put back in the freezer. Allow to set and enjoy!
YUM!



1 comment:
That all sounds SO good!!!
Post a Comment