Last week the Bigs had Swimming Lessons.
(No classes for Carter to take until he's 4.) They had a lot of fun. It's so funny to see how different Maddy and Garrett are. I can honestly tell you that when Maddy was 5- terrified or not- it never occurred to her to say, "No," when her teacher asked her to do something. Garrett was very polite, and every day when his nice teacher asked him to put his face in the water, or his head under, he smiled, shook his head, and said, "No, thank you!" No kidding. I guess it's good that he can stand up for himself? He is definitely a person that has to do things on his terms. He really enjoyed class though, and I am happy to report that he went from a 90 degree angle while floating on his back to more of a 135 degree angle. (
180 is straight, right? That line would have gone a lot more smoothly if I remembered anything about geometry.)


Sissy got put in the wrong class at first, so she was a little shaken up but once it got all ironed out, she had a great week. She is really turning into quite the swimmer. Great form, strong kicking, and man! She's FAST! I mentioned to her that I'd noticed her speediness and she told me that her strategy is to go as fast as she can across the pool so she doesn't have to practice breathing as much. Whatever works, I guess!

Meanwhile, Carter was pretty happy to have some attention to himself. He spent a lot of time snuggling on my lap or getting read to. (He's really into
I SPY books right now.) I'm sure a lot of younger siblings would be yearning to swim as well, I remember Garrett being like that, but Carter could really care less. He's pretty funny.
2 comments:
I love have Carter looks so dashing in his hat and sunny weather wear!
I love that each of your kids are so uniquely (sp) wonderful!
Post a Comment