
Garrett has been into coins as long as I can remember. The best souviners for him are coins from different places, and he is pretty proud of his 'quarters' from Canada, Europe, Thailand, Vietnam, and of course the good ol' US of A. (He uses the words 'quarter' and 'coin' interchangably currently.)
He is really interested in all the State Quarters, and Papa Burke (my grandpa), sends him a few envelopes a year or saves them for when we come visit. Garrett loves to sort them, and always wants me to read which states are which. Of course many he has memorized- Oregon, Washington, Idaho, the Dakotas, New York. For the rest he'll ask me questions like, "Has Maddy ever been there?" or "Is it in the United States?"
Quarter sorting is one of his favorite pastimes on a quiet afternoon at Nana's. I love to watch him work.



4 comments:
Does he have the quarter books? We got them (cheap) at Borders, I think.
School is out on Thursday, so thanks for the idea for the summer "I'm bored!" sessions! :)
I love that you are teaching him the names of the coins BEFORE he gets into my class! yeah! way to go "supermom sarri". FYI, I called Maddy Sarri twice today in class. I think she secretly hates me.
see you thursday!
I am totally bummed you are not coming on the rainy field trip tomorrow! boo-hoo to me!
That is so cool. I'm totally into my coins, too, always have been, Garrett!
Sounds like a little banker! It's so funny what they get into, isn't it?!
Post a Comment