I have been horrible about taking pictures lately. Here's what I've missed in the past week or so that you'll just have to imagine . . .
-Going to Melting Pot with fun friends
-Father's Day in Kelso
-4 days of swimming lessons for The Bigs
-Lots of playtime- inside and out (the sun has arrived in the PacNW!!)
I guess I can say I've been experiencing it 'in living color' instead of behind my viewfinder. I'll try to be better!
I have also been reading. I know many of you are quite literate and reading isn't something that would typically make the blog, but I have not been reading much for grown ups in the past few years. If I had 20 minutes to myself I would take a nap instead of pick up a book. But I am slowing feeling like a normal person now that my 'baby' is pushing 2.5 and there are no more babies on the horizon. So I picked up Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barabra Kingsolver. Wow, wow, and WOW is all I can say. It is simultaneously interesting, inspirational, and terrifying. And it has ABSOLUTELY made me take a second (and third, and fourth, and . . .) look at what my family eats. Don't get me wrong- at times we are a major fast food family. We eat out way more than average people, and we have a lot of habits that need breaking. And I think we all 'know' how detrimental our nation's eating habits are to our health, but man, I really had no idea how bad the situation is. The good thing is that there are solutions, there is a way out, and there is hope. It doesn't matter where you fall on the political spectrum- we all want our kids to be healthy and develop healthy habits! So pick it up. (If you are a reader, she also wrote The Bean Trees, Prodigal Summer, and The Poisonwood Bible, among others.)
Can't wait for the Farmer's Market this afternoon!
Two Years
13 years ago



1 comment:
Hi! Sounds like you guys have been super busy & having fun! I read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle about a year ago & LOVED it of course!! I want to read it again. Anyway, just wanted to say hi & let's talk soon!
Post a Comment