Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

I Can See Clearly Now . . .


The rain is finally gone. Okay, it's probably only on hiatus for a few days, but it has been seriously gorgeous the past few days. And everyone (and everything) is feeling it.

Our garden is growing and happy. Last week we ate 10 artichokes! TEN! The raspberries are about to burst forth, and we are enjoying fresh lettuce and spinach daily. YUM. The tomatoes are full of blooms, and the sugar peas are quickly climbing their trellis. I am picking boquets (and ignoring weeds). I love this time of year.


This afternoon we had a neighborhood lemonade stand. It was so sunny and warm. The stand brought in over $16, and it was so nice for all of us neighbors to catch up a little- kids and adults!
Later Carter went on a field trip with Nana, and The Bigs and I headed down to the local Farmers Market. It was such a great evening that Joel met us down there and we stocked up on produce, berries, honey, and cheese (yum!), and ate dinner. The kids carried their purses, (yes, Garrett carries a purse at times. It is camo with a silver star- not kidding. If you saw his wallet you'd know why. It's about the size of a softball because it's filled with so many coins. I giggle each time he hefts it out of the 'purse.'), and Garrett insisted on buying us cookies from Red Fox Bakery. Thankfully the girl was sweet and she got nearly as big of a kick out of him and his coins as I did. She was super patient with him as he counted out all his quarters. His moola was definitely burning a hole in his purse, er, manbag.


4 comments:

Becky said...

It just sounds ideallic!

neeter said...

BLISS!

Paige Lomas said...

I am getting closer and closer to getting my own blog...you are "my inspiration!" our friends left for 2 weeks in europe today, sans children. She faithfully read your blog, so I am sure they will have a great experience...hee hee. love the veggie pix. How do you eat your artichokes? we dip in mayo! yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

I think my boys might need "manbags" too! They carry them for about 2 seconds and since they are too bulky to fit in their little pockets, I get stuck holding them...and since I rarely have a purse myself, that mines I am juggling 3 wallets!

If I don't see you before, I might catch you at the farmers market next Thursday. I pick up Isaac at 4:30 and we walk from TLC over.

Oh, and I can't wait to have my own garden - Isaac has already decided what we will plant... peas, beets, beans, carrots, pumpkins. Maybe I can talk him into artichokes too.