Well, I am sure that never happens here. (I hope!) The Gibson Five have plenty of 'moments,' that's for sure. And I am constantly feeling overwhelmed at my life. I mean, there are some things I feel good about. For example. I am pretty good at washing clothes. I like to sort them and wash them and dry them. But that's where it ends. I am really, really, seriously NOT good at folding. And if I do fold, putting away nearly kills me. This is really embarrassing, but sometimes I fold and stack near the bed, and the folded clothes get reconsumed (it's a word...now), and I end up folded them another time! (At least!)
Anyway, today I decided I needed to purge. So I went through my closet (dumping ground for outgrown clothes), and each child's closet and dresser. I found outgrown clothes in many sizes, for every season. Didn't I JUST do this???
Here's what I came up with.


Are you kidding me?
These photos don't even show you the other side of the bed where the laundry is growing in a plot to overtake Joel's window and nightstand.
Back to work so I can find my bed tonight. I hope you all feel good now.
P.S. If you need kids' clothes...call me! (wink)



6 comments:
Sarri, I am sitting here on my couch reading your blog and actually laughed out loud (yes, I'm all by myself) as I glanced over to the OTHER couch which is heaped with clean laundry that I have avoided putting away. (There's also a heaping full laundry basket - clothes I DID actually fold...just, um last week & a HUGE pile of clean laundry in our bedroom). The funny thing is I've now washed everything in the house, but for some reason today Cade came in to ask me where some clean unders were since his drawers are apparently near empty (I fished them out of a pile, along with a bonus pair for tomorrow, *just in case* I didn't get them put away today (I didn't) and this evening I looked ALL over for more clothes to wash, but there weren't any...just TONS of clothes to put away, but instead I'm blogging. I'm SO with you that I can wash/dry the clothes and sometimes even get them laid out so they don't wrinkle...and that's where it ends. Thank goodness Kevin will be home Friday from his (way too long) trip - but I REALLY need to get these clothes onto hangers and into drawers before then or he's going to think he's come home to a rummage sale. Love you! And thanks, I don't know about your other friend, but your blog certainly made me feel better! :)
I know how your friend might feel, most people tend to post only the good things going on, instead of using a blog to dump all their fears and disappointments on. My clean clothes sit sometimes for so long that they get mixed in with the dirty and I end up washing clean things all over again. We are ALL struggling through this thing called life just at different levels at different times. And BTW, I know how amazing you are in so many areas, so this post about you laundry woes ain't fooling me! lol
Hmmm. That picture looks like it could have been taken at my house. Although you can actually see the bed--a rarity at my house. Be sure to check out the pictures of Josh baking the other night--I think that when taking a picture of a kitchen, an observer should probably be able to see what color the counter tops are. . .
Sarri,
This is too funny. I am really not good at laundry period! But I do tackle it (of course I do), but it sits in baskets until I get it put away and by then (two days later)...the cycle starts over. EEK. Lately, with three kids, I think that I must need to wake with my crazy husband at 5am everyday in order to get all my chores done. And when I am up in the middle of night with Ruby (she was sleeping thru night but is now waking up once in middle:( ) it just doesn't seem right that I should have to wake up at crack of dawn. What to do?
I'm glad you chose an honest post - it is easy for us to put out the best pics/best stories etc and fool people. But let's face it - we all are NOT perfect!
:)STef
well, I am so glad to hear that other moms out there don't fold either! and I am going to show my husband your photos and blog so he doesn't think it is a rare condition that only I have, "unable-to-fold-and-put-away-disease". It is a serious matter in out house...what the h#$#$#@ am I going to do when the new one is born? Today you asked me if I needed any clotes...now I know why! Also, Luz came to our house today...that means my toilet is sparkling like my floors! Do I have to give up my "little" indulgence when Zac is born too? I need a daily nanny/maid...do you know where I can find one?
paige
I'm totally with you. I can get the clothes clean and dry, but folded and put away....I hate that job. HATE it. I usually save up baskets (plural) of clean clothes and fold them while watching my Tuesday night PBS Britcom.
I've also been known to purchase a coffee to treat myself when I have to do it....sometimes, I'll even get a donut if I'm good.
Post a Comment