Those eyes. They get me every single time. (Although I have to say I am pretty thrilled, because it's the first time I've actually gotten my camera to GET them.)
Five years old. Five is a big year. It's possible that G will learn to read, ride his bike, swim, and start school this year. He may lose a tooth and will probably play on his first sports team. He will probably grow taller and change shoe sizes a few times. (YIKES!)
I can't believe it's been five years since he joined our family. He is a one-of-a-kind kid, for sure. He's affectionate, generous, cuddly, and funny. He's also strong willed, vocal, and has a 'high level of focus' (as his preschool teacher put it.). There are times we butt heads (yes, already), but I am so thankful that he has a strong spirit coupled with a tender heart. I think those qualities will serve him well as he grows up.
Garrett, we sure love you. We love the hugs and kisses you willingly dole out to all of us. We love snuggling with you in the morning. We love your questions, and how observant you are of the world around you. We love watching you with Sissy and Carter. We love your excitement and your love of life. We are so lucky to have you, and every single day we give thanks for getting to be your Mom and Dad. We can't wait to see what exciting and important things this year will bring you.
**Check out some more fun pictures on Judy's Blog...
Here are some baby pictures, and current. I just spent an hour going through old pics (of years 1-4) to upload here and then it reset or something and they all got dropped. So for now it's newborn and current!

Birth Announcement Picture- about 3-4 weeks old. "Every good and perfect gift..."

1 month old- McMinnville Ed Foundation Fashion Show- all 4 of us were in it. Just before our turn on stage, Garrett had a level 5 blowout and all I could do was grin and hold him closely, so no one would see.
And...today:
He's only photogenic on his terms. He's only ANYTHING on his terms!
We like to call this his dragon face. Lucky for you, this is the funny dragon face and not the mean mad dragon face.
It took a lot for me to get Garrett on the lawn, sitting down, barefoot, this evening. He was quite concerned about, "The Bugs! The Worms! No, THANK YOU!"



10 comments:
Yep! An original, that's what Garrett is! And we wouldn't have it any other way! It was so fun to watch him tonight at his party---so happy,so sweet, and he really acted like such a big boy! The whole year that he was two, he ALWAYS said that he was five when you asked him how old he was! What a long wait to FIVE, Garrett! Happy Birthday!
Love you so much,
Nana
Oh Sarri--everytime I read something you have written about your kids, I end up tearing up. The love that is a part of your family is so inspiring and incredible. When I grow up, I want to have a family like that! :)
Love you!
Oh and the picture collages that I use--I download my pictures to flickr and then use a site called mosaic maker, at http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/mosaic.php. They have some great collage options as well as other fun things you can do with pictures. Love it.
I LOVE that fashion show picture! What struck me most was sweet Maddy. I remember Garrett as that cute chubby little baby, but it seems like AGES ago that M was that DARLING 3-year-old!
Wow. Happy birthday, Garrett!!
I thought he was older than Jack. But you know what, your description of G is EXACTLY like J. It actually has me concerned, and I'm taking him in for an evaluation, but now I'm so relieved reading this. He might be normal? He might be normal!!!
OK, after the reading the blog, finding out how Pam sewed all the things and how (hopefully) Joel got all the correct ice cream and balloon arrangements...you are totally off the hook for missing the carnival! You do have an extensive about of love pouring out...into your blog...lucky kids! BTW, great, great talking to you and Joel the other day...
take care, Paige
Hmmm...where to start? LOVE the black & white baby pic of him--and, of course, the current ones. The party sounds like it was a lot of fun, and the costumes were great.
Happy 5th Birthday, Garrett!
test
In some ways it seems that Garrett has always been a part of our family, and in others, it seems like the past 5 years has just flown by! What a dear special little guy. . .I don't know if I'm ready for him to be a big boy yet. All I have to say is Happy Birthday Garrett!! I love you and get over to Idaho SOON!! Your cubby awaits your return! Auntie Beck
Happy birthday Sweet G!
Post a Comment