Pages

Friday, May 9, 2008

Busy Week!

It hasn't even been a week since my last post, but I have a LOT to write about! This time of year is what I call 'birthday season.' So we've been doing a lot of celebrating, we've had a lot of company, and we've had a lot of fun.
First things first...
Last Saturday was Garrett's 5th birthday, as you know from the last post. On his actual birthday, we woke up to bright, sunny skies and we planned to meet Vanita, Jenell, and Great Grandma at the zoo to celebrate. It was an extra special day because Garrett got to bring Grayson too!

I threw in sweatshirts for all the kids, but of course not for me (it looked SO nice out!), and Joel had on his crocs. (Can you see where this is headed?) On the way into P-town, Joel talked to his mom who said it was raining at their home (North of Vancouver). We should have known, but blue skies were still over us, so we thought we'd be fine.

By the time we got to the zoo, it was FREEZING. I was about to engrave my name on the 'Bad Mom of the Year' award as my kids were all in shorts. Grayson of course had a well packed backpack with a coat AND a raincoat! Good thing too, because after the air turned fridgid, the rain started to POUR. We hit a few enclosed highlights (penguins, polar bears, monkeys), and headed to Red Robin. I personally thought it was a big bummer, but Garrett was a happy camper. After eating, we headed back home and opened a couple of presents to end the day.


Sleepy boy in the morning. Sissy and Carter just couldn't wait to wake him up!


"Too BRIGHT!!" Opening book from Nana.

I was hoping for a grand photo shoot at the zoo of my 5 year old and his very best friend, but this was the only zoo picture of the day!


Happy Birthday boy with his new skateboard and his new shirt. I love how Carter is in the picture laughing.

The rest of the week to be continued...

2 comments:

Melanie Penelope said...

I love that picture of the two Gs - it's a good one!

Judy said...

LOVE the picture of Garrett trying to open his new book first thing in the morning. It's so him!!! :)