No cast for Sissy. The DR said it was still too swollen, and the kind of fracture she has heals better without, so he gave her a new splint. I think she is relieved and disappointed all at once. I told her she could have her friends sign the splint, if she wanted.
Carter really loves his new bed. He wants to show it to anyone within a half mile radius of our house. He likes to show how he can jump on it, and how he can pretend to sleep in it. And, well, that's where it ends. At nighttime, he heads for my room every time. "No! MAMA BED!" Anyway, I pretty much slept in his bed with him last night, which mostly falls under the '2 steps forward, 3 steps back' category. And also, isn't helping achieve the goal of he and I getting better sleep. His negative association with his crib is SO strong, I really, really don't want to make him feel that way about the bed. Any ideas out there????
Conversation with Garrett:
G: Mom, do I have to get married?
Me: Well, no honey, you don't.
G: But if I don't get married, will I not be someone's life?
Me, thinking, wow that is really deep for a 5 year old- someone's LIFE- and where did he get that anyway? I mean, I know he knows I love his daddy, but I don't really refer to Joel as my LIFE: Someone's life? What do you mean, G?
G: Someone's life! You know, LIFE! (pause) Is 'life' a boy or a girl?
Me: Ummm...
That was about 10 am. It wasn't until later that night (sitting on Carter's floor, incidentally) that I realized he meant wife. He was wondering if he would get to be someone's wife. (Of course when I relayed the story to Joel, he asked me if G meant 'wife' long before I reached the punchline.)
So that's about it for us. Happy Friday!
Two Years
13 years ago



6 comments:
Your "conversations" are so sweet.
Well it's really too bad that Carter doesn't have a BFF named 'Binky'! Now that Molly girl only gets her BFF when she's in her bed, I think that we could probably get the child to sleep on a bed of coals!
Ummm, marshmellows at bedtime? Okay, maybe not. But don't give up! You guys will get there...really, truly. :)
I must admit I'm with Joel on that one. I read it and thought "oh, I hope Sarri knows he meant to say wife..." I was relieved when I reached the punchline. =)
I wonder if you could try something with Carter like getting a new special something for bedtime. I don't know what - perhaps a stuffed toy or a puppy - something he would really look forward to having but that he would only get at night time. We haven't hit that stage yet, so I am pulling this out of my ... well, you know what I am saying.
And I was at Costco today and looked for the waffles, but they don't have that brand anymore. There are Kashi Go Lean strawberry and flax waffles that may be similar. I didn't read the ingredients, but that is usually a very good brand.
Oh dear me. I am turning into Annie with my long comment. =) I guess I'll be done now. Have a good weekend.
I understand your bedtime woes. I could easily just let Ellery deal with it, but I know she wouldn't and would just stop trusting me. Maybe you could sleep on the floor in his room, so that you're there, but not right next to him. Make a big deal about how the bed doesn't fit you and you almost broke it.
Oh, and a long time ago I was leading the kids across traffic and Brenna started yelling, "Run from your wives!!" She meant run for your lives...I almost wet myself.
I love G stories...I think he will be a great writer some day. Very deep that one!
Post a Comment